I have been investing regularly in the stock market since the start of 2021 and cryptocurrencies since 2017. I always needed an app to track my investments, as I didn't like the time and effort needed to learn Excel formulas to create my own spreadsheet. So I have been using CoinMarketCap's portfolio tracker all this while, but there is a clear gap in the investment metrics displayed in CoinMarketCap (only displaying total P&L). I always found myself needing to calculate metrics like average cost per unit myself on paper. I hated it and I decided to create Satfolio. My first project after taking a long involuntary break from programming, due to compulsory National Service in my hot and humid country of Singapore (I'm currently sweating in my bedroom right now while typing this).
Desktop view of holdings in Bitcoin
The value Satfolio provides:
- A super slick and clean interface.
- Accurate and reliable price action on over 5000 active cryptocurrencies, 24/7/365.
- 93 different currencies that you can choose to view your portfolio in.
- Provides you with deeper and more insightful investment metrics (e.g. Unrealized P&L, Realized P&L, Average Cost per Unit) that aid in your decision making when it comes to making trades.
- Synced and accessible on any device through the browser, no need for any unnecessary app downloads.
- Completely free, and free of ads! No clutter when viewing your portfolio.
Honestly, this is my very first project that I have made public. I am not really looking to promote myself or the application itself, but would really like some constructive criticism or feedback instead 🙂 I am open to any suggestions on features or metrics I should add! Thanks so much guys.
EDIT: Thank you guys so much for the warm reception of my project, it really means a lot to me. I have been up for more than 3 hours now just refreshing and looking at the logs of people using this and it is so fulfilling.
So some have asked me to integrate in exchanges to read transactions from and this is something I am looking to implement as soon as possible but it will take time and effort for me to learn.
People have also suggested I ask for donations, so I actually added addresses for BTC, ETH and LTC at https://www.satfol.io/about Donations would help a lot as this is currently running on the savings I have as a student. If not, it will be a great help if you give my app a follow at @SatfolioHQ Thanks once again!